Posted on Thursday, September 2, 2021
- Term starts this week for many of the nearly 8.8 million school children across England and Wales. School catchments play an important role for many when choosing a home.
- Across England and Wales nearly 4.3 million homes (17%) have an OFSTED rated Outstanding as their nearest.
- With catchment areas for secondary schools generally larger, it is no surprise a higher proportion of homes, nearly 1 in 5 have an outstanding secondary as their nearest.
- Property price growth in catchment areas around top schools can often exceed other areas and living close to a top school can attract a significant price premium. Source: Dataloft, OFSTED, Ordnance Survey
- This infographic gif is also available as two separate jpegs from the Infographics library.