Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Friday remains the most popular day to complete on a house or start a new rental tenancy. 40% of all property sales over the past year have completed on a Friday and a quarter of new rental tenancies were started.
- While this may come as no surprise, the proportion of sales completing on a Friday is lower than five years ago, the figure then was 48%. This past year has however seen Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve and the Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday fall on a Friday.
- With finance transfers less of an issue in the rental market, 20% of new tenancies have started at a weekend.
- 10% of all new tenancies started over the past year have been on just ten specific dates in the year. These dates all correspond with either the start or the end of a month. Source: Dataloft, DRMA, Land Registry, based on sales and new tenancies started over the past 12 months
- *A companion infographic is available in the infographic library on tenancy start days (lettings)*