1. Experience in customer service and sales will be a useful asset. Time working in hospitality or retail can give the confidence and skills needed to be an estate agent.
2. Good knowledge of the local property market will be very useful. Think about starting as an administrator to get an idea of the business, build customer relations and to discover if this is the right career for you.
3. Buying and selling houses is a stressful process that can result in emotional clients. Estate agents need to be patient with their clients because this will be one of the most important decisions of their lives.
4. There is clear progression in estate agency, providing you with clear goals and chances to move up the ladder.
5. Estate agents will juggle a lot of tasks, like visiting clients and landlords to do valuations, arranging viewings, and negotiating between buyers and sellers.
6. It is often required, but not necessary, to be able to drive to appointments.
Are you looking for a career in estate agency? Contact your nearest Guild agent today to see if they have positions available.