- Once you begin your property search, enquire about virtual viewings to minismise risk and save time. One of the benefits of virtual viewings is that you can view multiple properties without having to leave the comfort of your home.
- If you are buying with a mortgage, you should obtain a decision in principle.
- Provide your mortgage broker with the Conditional Prepayment Rate (CPR).
- Instruct a property lawyer before making an offer.
- They will require your identification in order to carry out anti-money laundering (AML) checks. Once the checks have been completed, the sooner the buying process can begin.
- Ask your property lawyer to explain the CPR material facts disclosure provided by the selling agent.
- Remember that the selling agent has a primary duty to act in the interest of the seller.
- Ask your surveyor to recommend the appropriate level of condition-based home survey and provide a copy of the survey report to your property lawyer.